Monday, March 31, 2014

Ultrasounds and Birthday-weeks.


Yes! We're having a boy! The ultrasound was such a wonderful experience. I was getting a little worried because several people had told me, "you should start feeling the baby move around any time!" and I hadn't really felt anything. Or at least, nothing that was recognizably a baby kick or movement. I was ready to get back to the doctor's to at least hear a heartbeat for some reassurance, but seeing the images of our little baby boy was even better. He did kind of stay in a tucked-up position for most of the ultrasound (camera shy), but we saw him move around some. 

I don't know if you can tell, but he's got his knees all the way up to his chin. I'd like to see YOU be that flexible. 


The happiest part for me was that Chad ended up getting to be there. He wasn't sure he'd be able to leave the dental clinic for the ultrasound. Of course, once he talked to his supervisor about it, the guy was pretty emphatic about how much Chad "needed to be there"--at the ultrasound, that is. It's nice that people understand that it's kind of a big deal. 

I had asked Chad several times whether he wanted it to be a boy or a girl and he said he really didn't care either way. I had said I wanted a girl. But once you find out, that's it! We have a little baby boy and I wouldn't trade him in! He's already a part of our family. I'll be the lone woman around our house--and I guess I'm okay with that! I am already dreaming about signing him up for little league in a few years. 

In other news, Chad's birthday is this Wednesday. A while back he had mentioned he wanted a "nice outfit" to wear to a job interview or to work. Seemed like a pretty easy gift, until I said, "Yeah, but you'd have to come with me to the store to try stuff on." That was the end of that conversation--Chad is not a fan of shopping. So for his birthday, I created a personalized Chad-man boutique in my office. I did a bunch of shopping and bought lots and lots of shirts and pants that I thought would fit Chad, and offered to take back whatever didn't fit and/or find better sizes/colors if there was something he liked but needed changed up. I think he was pretty surprised, because I managed to set it all up without him noticing. We had a fun little fashion show and he tried on all the clothes. Of course, the idea is that I will be taking most of the clothes back (money don't grow on trees, people), but he did find a couple shirts and a pair of pants that were absolutely smashing on him. I think it was a win! 


Looking forward to more birthday-week celebrations with my main slice. And I'm SO happy winter is finally on its way out. Hope you and yours have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so very excited for you!! A boy. :) Wonderful.

    I also love the idea of a Chad boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a little precious son, and what a good idea for a shopping trip. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...