Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oh boy, oh boy!!

I'm SO excited. Here's why: Last semester I applied for something called an ORCA grant. It's where you work with a professor to write a proposal for a research project you would like to do. My project involves going to ARUBA and conducting focus groups to find out current needs and preferences for marriage education there. About 1/3 of applicants are awarded the $1500 to work on their projects. And on Monday, the email came, and I got it!! I'm going to Aruba, baby!! I'll leave in July, and be there for about 6 weeks. I'm probably going to miss my own graduation. SO WORTH IT!!! I'm going to visit everyone I LOVE there, and learn how to KITE BOARD, and go to the BEACH regularly, buy AVOCADOS the size of my head, and drink fruit batidos. Oh yes, and I will research like no other. It's gonna be flippin' AMAZING. I guess I'm just really grateful they saw the good in my project because now I have the opportunity to do something that I feel can make a difference, and I get to do it in one of the most beautiful places on earth. :)

7 comments:

  1. YAY Cammie! That will be amazing. I am excited for you! But wait, does this mean you will miss Aspen Grove?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool! Congratulations, Miss Cammie. So, does this mean you will be graduating in August? Which means we have very little time to get together before you leave Provo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm so excited for you!! Congratulations and I'm so proud of you for all your hard work! You deserve this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats cammie! That is so awesome!!! I hope you have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Dana Lee said. Very happy for you, sad you'll miss the big reuniĆ³n familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I'll be at the family reunion! I'm not leaving til the week after, sillies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am excited for this research project of yours. i so want to know what you find out. thanks for checking out my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...