Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Anniversary Surprise!

This weekend was our anniversary, so to celebrate we went on a little overnight trip. I didn't know where we were going (I love surprises!) but then I sneaked a peek at the clothes Chad packed for us so I could try and guess anyway (I have no self discipline when it comes to letting people keep surprises. Kind of like the time I tried to hack into Chad's online accounts because I thought he was going to propose--which he did. And good thing he is better at changing his passwords than I am.)

(Phew! Long parenthetical aside!)

Anyway, I thought we were going camping, because Chad packed outdoorsy clothes, and we've talked about how we need to go to Red River Gorge sometime while we live in Kentucky. I was excited. But I was so much MORE excited when we arrived at Rosecrest Farms in Paris, KY.


We stayed at this adorable bed and breakfast. When we arrived, Lyra, the owner, drove us around on a tractor and introduced us to all the horses. The place was beautiful, and the weather that day was amazingly perfect. Picture rolling hills, bluegrass, and beautiful horses (and baby horses!).

The best part about the horse farm was walking around feeding the horses peppermints out of our hands. 


It was the best surprise ever--way better than what I had even thought of doing! And so relaxing to be away for a couple of days. I can't believe it's been a whole year. Love my Chad.

1 comment:

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...