Friday, November 2, 2012

Candy Corn Cookies

Tomorrow--an update on the prank war with the neighbors.

But today, some pictures of the cute Halloween treats we made on Wednesday. I got the recipe from ourbestbites.com (love that site!). Of course, you can go to their website and get a great tutorial, but I was so fascinated and excited about the process that I took my own pictures.

You start with great sugar cookie dough (this is the recipe I will probably use for the rest of my life, after trying it Wednesday--amazing!), divide it into three sections, and color two of the sections yellow and orange, respectively. (You leave one section white, of course). You layer them into a clear-wrap-lined loaf pan, and chill for an hour or overnight. You want each layer to be about 1/4" tall, so my dough didn't fill the whole length of the loaf pan.


Once the dough is chilled, you slice very thin pieces (like you would a loaf of bread). Cut out some triangles (I want to say "inverse triangles," but I don't know if that really describes what I mean. Check out the bestbites page if you need a picture). 




I also made some hearts, just because I thought they would be cute. 




 And we dipped everything in sugar.




What a fun treat and so fun to give away! A couple of our neighbors insisted it was the best sugar cookie they had tasted, which is a first for me and made me feel pretty awesome. Overall, a smashing success.

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute! What a great idea. I think I will try these next year!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...