Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Book of Mormon Post, from a Special Guest Writer

I love my little sister, Emma. She'll be guest writing occasionally on this blog about her reading in the Book of Mormon. I've always admired Emma for studying her scriptures so consistently, so I'm excited to read some of her thoughts. Enjoy!


"Hello everyone that reads Cammie’s blog! My name is Emma, and I’m Cammie’s little sister. I am taking a Book of Mormon class at BYU this semester and one of our assignments is to share some insights that we have while doing our assigned readings. This class studies Alma chapter 30 through the end of The Book of Mormon.

For my class, we were assigned to read Alma chapters 30-35 for the week. One scripture that I really like in this is Alma 30: 44, especially the end part that says, “…yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.” I really like this because it is a reminder to me that I can remember God’s hand in my life every day by all the little things that happen and everything surrounding me. I don’t need a huge miracle to see that God exists because He can be found in all the details. The complexity and beauty of this earth is always a great reminder of God’s love for us and His existence. Today it snowed quite a bit in Provo. Everything looks really beautiful and it’s awesome to take a moment to admire how God made us such beautiful surroundings. Other things testify to me that God is real because of their complexity. I am taking an anatomy class and it is remarkable to learn about all the different parts of us and all the different processes that take place in us. I think something so amazing could have only been designed by Heavenly Father. I’m grateful for this scripture because it reminds me that everything witnesses that God is real."

1 comment:

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...