Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bedroom Makeover, Part 1

I have been DYING to decorate our bedroom. Since we moved in, it has pretty much been on the back burner as far as decorating goes. Suddenly, about a month or two ago, I became overwhelmed with wanting to get the UGLY out of the bedroom. Mostly, it was just boring. White walls, beige carpet, brown door/door frames/window frames, and a BLACK bed frame (black and brown, cringe). Oh, and a hideous  bright red dresser I picked up at a yardsale last summer.

My main goals for the room: I want it to be calming, coordinated, and creative. Three c's. I've done some thrifting, fabric shopping, and rearranging, and I think it's time to start showing off a piece or two a day on the blog. Hooray for making a beautiful place to live!

So, here is the ottoman I picked up at goodwill. It actually doesn't look too bad in the pictures, but it was pretty dingy (the fabric, in particular). I had looked around at ottomans at target and walmart, and liked a few of them, but *didn't want to spend $100. (Note: "didn't want to" and "do you think money grows on trees?!" are used interchangeably here). I think it turned out pretty nice! I'm really excited to pull the rest of the room together with what I've got. Stay tuned!

before: cute little frame, dingy fabric-covered foam pad on top.


after: looking good, right? painted the legs green and upholstered with some fabric that  I'm hoping will tie the brown and the little bit of black together (if you can't tell, the fabric is a little of both). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...