Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Illustrious Liebster Award.

So apparently, sometimes bloggers nominate each other for awards (who knew?!). I have a new blogger friend at ccmcafeeperspective.com (creator of the Valentine's printable I showed off last week), who nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. The only criteria for winning the award is that your blog is relatively new and you have less than 200 followers. So, yay for being new(ish) and unpopular. . .

Just kidding. I really am honored. What a cool surprise!

At the end of this post, I will nominate 11 of my favorite blogs for the award.





ta-da!! here it is, in all its beauty.





There are a few rules to follow if you receive the award, so if I nominate your blog, here are your rules: 1) Post 11 random facts about yourself. 2) Answer the questions I've set for you in this post (for simplicity's sake, just answer the same ones I answered), then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to (or use the same ones--whatever). 3) Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to and link them in your post. 4) Go to their page and tell them about the award. 5) No tag backs.

Okay, so it feels a little email forward-ish. But it's an award! I can't not be excited about this. (I think I just figured out how spam-email-forward creators can generate even more forwarding action.) Oh, and side note--if you receive the award and choose not to follow the rules, that is okay. No pressure. Your wishes may still come true, and your one true crush might not shun you.

Here goes.

11 Random Facts


1. I can frown and smile at the same time. I call it the frown-smile. Or the smile-frown. I think it's more of a frown-smile.

2. I love to improvise when I cook, and I like to make up recipes or make substitutions. Sometimes when there is a recipe I want to make and I am missing one of the ingredients, I view it as a challenge. I say, "Oh, you think I'm not going to make this just because I don't have self-rising flour? (or eggs, or onions, or milk, or whatever). We've had some real dud meals because of this little habit, but we've also had some awesome ones! Ones I may never be able to re-create. I usually wait until after Chad has taken a few bites and given his stamp of approval before I say nonchalantly, "Oh, that? Yeah, it's just something I made up. . ."

3. I can be the most passive, gentle, agreeable, easygoing person (most of the time). But when I decide something is important, I can be THE MOST bull-headed, determined girl you have ever seen. I think maybe I get both sides from my mom.

4. I speak Spanish. And Papiamento.

5. I love reading. I don't always finish books, though. Sometimes I will check out several books at once and dabble in all of them.

6. I am the oldest of SEVEN kids. I absolutely love being the oldest, although you may have heard a different story 10 years ago.

7. I am a Marriage and Family Therapy Associate. Meaning that, upon completion of 1000 client hours, 200 supervision hours, a national exam, and a boatload of paperwork and money, I will be a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. In Kentucky, at least. We'll see what happens when (if) we move. I LOVE my job.

8. I pick hot over cold. Beach, beach, beach. I am in love with Aruba. Sarasota, Florida was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in the U.S. We honeymooned in Daytona Beach, FL. I just can't get enough of the ocean.

9. I have a really high value on keeping in touch with people. I catch up with my best friend from college weekly, for the most part. I have other friends from high school, college, grad school, or my mission that I talk to much less frequently, but I make an effort not to lose contact completely.

10. I married Chad at age 27 and after feeling somewhat hopeless about my prospects. My younger brother AND my younger sister were already married, so I felt somewhat old maid-ish. We met out of the blue, when the time was right. It's so much easier to see that in hindsight.

11. I write songs, although I haven't written any for a while. I have been feeling an itch to get started again, though.



My Answers to the 11 Questions

What is your favorite book?  
Tough. I have always loved the Anne of Green Gables series--all of it.      


Are you a cat or dog person?
Dog. I've never actually owned one, though, and I tend to get somewhat panicked when dogs jump on me, so I don't know how much I would actually love owning a dog. Plus Chad would never go for it.


Where do you see your self in ten years?
Who knows? In Florida, Texas, or Colorado with 3 kids. Chad will be the best dentist ever, and I'll see therapy clients during naptime/school hours. 

        
What is your favorite form of social networking?
Blogging.


What are you most excited about in 2013?
Going home to CO for Emma's mission farewell. Also the half ironman on June 1st. 


What is your favorite Holiday?
Christmas.


Do you prefer coffee, tea, or neither?
Neither.

What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Hang out with Chad, or traveling. Or BOTH.


Do you have any weird habits?
Umm. . . I used to always commit to every party, study group, get-together, etc. even if I knew I was double-booked or would have to cancel on somebody later. I have worked to get rid of that habit, but I still feel the urge to say "yes" now and then when I should say "no."

What's your favorite smell?
Cookies in the oven.


How many siblings do you have?
I have 6 siblings--3 brothers and 3 sisters.


And the 11 Liebster Awards go to. . .(drum roll, please)

Kelsey@jmac+kmac
Olivia@Olivia in NC







2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award. I have gotten it 4 times so here are my answers if interested. :) Love your blog! :)
    http://ktandcamsmith.blogspot.com/2012/11/round-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...