Monday, May 13, 2013

I'm Gonna Miss This Girl.

The visit from Emma and Grandma this weekend has been so fun. (So fun! I will share more later this week.)




I am one of the most sentimental people I know, especially when it comes to my family. I have been so excited for Emma to go serve her mission in Peru (she leaves June 5th!). I know it will be a changing experience for her, and I know she will help others change their lives for the better. Thinking of the experiences she will have thrills my heart and brings nostalgia for my own refining missionary experiences.



Emma will meet people who will change her life. She will remember them forever! She may even spend all of her life's savings--twice--to go back and visit them.






In short, I am thrilled for her to have this experience. However, yesterday afternoon we met up with Taylor at Exit 53 between Nashville and Louisville. Grandma and Emma went to Nashville with Taylor, where they will spend some time before meeting up with us again and flying out of Louisville on Thursday. When I came home to Louisville, I felt really sad. Because it just hit me: this girl is leaving.











 And as excited as I am for her to be a missionary in Peru for 18 months, I am really, really going to miss her. Not that I even get to see her more than about once a year as it is. But she is going to be far away, and I won't be able to hear her voice on the phone anymore or see her face on skype. 

Last night she said to me, "I know this is what I'm supposed to do." I'm proud of her for her conviction, and her courage, and her selflessness. But oh, I will miss her.

2 comments:

  1. Wow- a mission!! I will certainly pray for her- what an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Thanks for commenting on my photoblog! How the heck are you? So sorry I failed miserably at your health challenge!

    Very exciting for your sis, and you. I totally wish the age change would've been in place in my day! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...