Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Birthday, Grandma Davis!

Today is a very special day, because it is my Grandma Davis's birthday. Here's a picture of us on a recent trip we took together from Grand Junction to Colorado Springs. We stopped in Georgetown, CO.



Funny fact about this trip: I flew into Denver around 11:00pm (should have been much earlier...missed my flight...bla bla bla) and Grandma picked me up to drive to Grand Junction together. I figured I would have to do a lot of the driving, since Grandma doesn't like driving late at night and she also doesn't stay up late most of the time. But this was not the case. I offered to drive for the last hour or so when we stopped near Glenwood Springs, but quickly started fading once I got behind the wheel, so she had to take over again. She was like the Energizer Bunny, and had no problem driving til 3 in the morning.

I love and respect this woman so much. Cheerful and kind, yet assertive and strong-willed. Interested and connected, yet independent. Serious about important things, yet silly and carefree when it's time to be. She's part of the reason I love road trips, and mountains, and missionary work, and music, and Christmas.

I can't wait to see Grandma in less than 3 weeks for the wedding! I know she will be there to help and laugh and make everything fun. I hope she has a wonderful day, and many more to come. Love you, Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...