Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Emmanator

How have I never thought of that nickname until just now?! The Emmanator. She emanates fun and awesomeness. Here's a scripture thought she sent a while back, but I'm a slacker. I'm going to miss posting these now that her semester is coming to an end!

"The book of Ether is awesome to read. It is interesting though because Ether (the prophet at the time) seemed to think that he was not good at writing. In Ether 12: 23 and 25 it says, “And I said unto him: Lord, the Gentiles will mock at these things, because of our weakness in writing; for Lord thou hast made us mighty in word by faith, but thou hast not made us mighty in writing…and I fear lest the Gentiles shall mock at our words.” This shows how distressed Ether is about his writing being weak and how afraid he is about people making fun of his writing. From my viewpoint, this is strange to read because the book of Ether has a lot of gems in it (like Ether 12:27, which is so good that it is a scripture that seminary students are encouraged to memorize). I think this relates to me and all of us because we all have those little things that we feel insecure about. Fortunately, the book of Ether is evidence that the Lord can make up for any weakness that we have when we trust and follow in Him. This is incredibly comforting as a missionary. I’m probably going to make a ton of grammatical and other errors when I am trying to preach the gospel in Spanish. However, I know that the Lord will allow his Spirit to be with me to help convey the gospel message, making up for any of my inadequacy in communicating in Spanish. I believe this is true for all of us as we try to do God’s work. The saying “whom the Lord calls, He qualifies” is really true."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...