Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Emma's Pearls of Wisdom

I hope you all are enjoying these weekly write-ins from my little sis, Emma. She is wise beyond her years! This week, her thought reminded us of a great video, posted below. You can always learn more about our Church (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) or about the Book of Mormon, which she quotes in these posts, here. I am also happy to field personal questions here


"Third Nephi 12-17 is packed with tons of awesome teachings in it because it is when Christ ministers to the Nephites. However, one part I especially loved when I read it was Third Nephi 14: 8-11, which is completely worth quoting. It says, 'For every one that askethreceivethand he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, who, if his son ask bread, will give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then…know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?' 

I love this because it offers a wonderful comparison. I love my dad here on earth. He always provides for me and always has my best interest at heart. It is important to remember that my Heavenly Father is the same in that He always has my best interest at heart too. If my earthly father is so awesome and tries to give me what I need, Heavenly Father as a perfect being is an absolutely incredible Father and is always able and willing to give me what I need. If we need help from our Heavenly Father, all we need to do is ask. Being a perfect Father, He will never abandon us or ignore our pleas but will respond and help us always. Understanding how much our Father in Heaven loves us can help us in numerous ways, but it can certainly help us feel happier and develop a more personal relationship with Him."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...