Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Emma's Scripture Thought

I've missed putting these up for the past couple of weeks! Here is Emma's scripture thought for the week.

'Seeing as the chapter heading of Third Nephi 7 starts out, “The chief judge is murdered, the government is overthrown, and the people divide into tribes…” I think I was kind of expecting a chapter that mostly went over some of the history and wickedness that had been taking place. But this chapter actually taught me a lot of great lessons about missionary work! Because there was a lot of wickedness, Nephi was able to do some great preaching. This starts out in Third Nephi 7: 16 where it says, “… (he) went forth among them in that same year, and began to testify, boldly, repentance and remission of sins through faith on the Lord Jesus Christ. “I like this verse because it neatly summarizes what I think is our main message. I mean, it’s called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints after all. Also pulling from that verse, the word “boldly” makes Nephi seem like a good missionary, but he’s actually way more awesomethan just good. Third Nephi 7: 18 says, “…for it were not possible that they could disbelieve his words, for so great was his faith on the Lord Jesus Christ that angels did minister unto him daily.” That is just so incredible to me, that people really could not disbelieve his words. They could not do so because he had angels ministering unto him. I like how it doesn’t say anything about Nephi being well-spoken or really smart. I bet he was, but the reason he was successful was because he had faith and had the help of the Lord. This is comforting because it’s okay that I can be ineloquent and a little awkward at times but that I need to try to be bold, have faith, and I will be able to teach people that Jesus Christ is their Savior. In fact, I know that principle is true for all of us! So don’t be afraid.'

Thanks, Emma! I love having your pre-missionary voice on here! (3 months until June 5th!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...