Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Just. Keep. Swimming.

So. . .I almost forgot about this fitness link-up. Almost.

My big fitness moment this week was definitely at the pool yesterday. Swimming is always my biggest source of insecurity when I train for a triathlon. (I cannot tell you how many times someone says to me, "I could never do a triathlon--I'm just not a swimmer." Hello! Me neither!)  Something about swimming is anxiety-provoking for me. It reminds me of when I was a kid in swimming lessons and I couldn't make it across one length of the pool without grabbing the lap lane and gasping for air.

I had decided to swim 2200 yards yesterday (1.27 miles). When I hit about 1200 yards, I seriously considered throwing in the towel. I was having a really hard time breathing, and started telling myself it would be easier another day. (Some days it is just harder, I swear!) But I realized that giving up would just be selling myself short. I would pay for it one way or another--maybe not until race day--but I would pay for it.

I know what it feels like to be inadequately trained (let me tell you. . .it feels really bad), and I also know how amazing it feels to race when you've trained well. Trying to keep sight of the end goal and how it will feel to be doing that half ironman on June 1st--that's what keeps me going.




with Espy and Alisa in FL, 2010. I train so I can feel how I did that day. (sun, sand, and waves certainly didn't hurt)

Link up by clicking below and sharing your fitness story of the week!


                                                          button





4 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you're doing a triathlon! I couldn't do it because of the swimming. Not because I don't like it, but because I can pretty much only doggy paddle hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cammie!! So excited to be following you and WOW, someday I just hope to be able to run a mile let alone even think about a 5K and you're doing TRIs!! You will be a great support for all of us, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. swimming sounds so fun, it puts less stress on your joints. But honestly I can't swim. So for now I stick with walking workout. I am glad to found u and happy to follow.

    Regards,
    Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi There Mrs. Smith. I am so thrilled I found your blog and excited to continue following it! My husband and I are another pair of "Weavers" which is a super common last name where we live (Amish County). Congrats on finishing your swim!

    Madalyn

    www.faithfoodexercise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I want to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...